Author Topic: Operation Chongqing  (Read 56213 times)

Offline Chong

RE: Operation Chongqing
« Reply #330 on: July 11, 2009, 06:47:06 pm »
Quote from: 'David5o' pid='8068' dateline='1247336153'

Chong,

It seems that you will never see the point or points  i was making, so it becomes a pointless exercise explaining more.

David,

You're the one who has an one-track mind set ... read post # 338 and others from past threads ... I actually agreed with you most times except when you go off on tangents. Regarding "reading PMs", MODs don't have any Forum ability to read PMs. I don't even know why/how you got ban as I just woked up ( China time ). I signed off at 12:30s am and signed back in at 6:30s am ... are you blaming me now for your new conspriacy theory [ which is probably why you got ban ] ???   I must be able to do things in my sleep ???
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 07:02:47 pm by Chong »

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #331 on: July 11, 2009, 07:04:42 pm »
Chong....What you been doing in your dreams.....lol

And as for the PM's..........I think Pfishy BS... Chnlove.info was made up to stop any and all Bull Shit that was happening in Chnlove,com as far as I believe, so there is NO WAY the mods are going to interfere with PM's...

Isn't PM meant 'PRIVATE MESSAGE......can you get into someones PM without knowing passwords?....If you can, will you please tell me how, there are a few peoples PM's I would like to read:blush:

Offline victor-hills

« Reply #332 on: July 11, 2009, 07:07:06 pm »
Sorry maxx was just asking mate.
Life is like an onion: You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.

Offline Skip

• Foreign Explorer
« Reply #333 on: July 11, 2009, 07:10:18 pm »
Quote from: 'mpo4747' pid='8099' dateline='1247353239'

Quote from: 'Chong' pid='8096' dateline='1247352426'

Quote from: 'David5o' pid='8068' dateline='1247336153'

Chong,

It seems that you will never see the point or points  i was making, so it becomes a pointless exercise explaining more.

I must be able to do things in my sleep ???

Chong, you must be a Jedi in secret, and have great powers of the force to do such mind tricks, and in your SLEEP !!!!

ummm .... Can I borrow your light saber?  :huh:

Jedi-Master Chong

:icon_cheesygrin:

To me, admittedly a new face on the planet, it seems we should all take a deep breath.  Even the caustic comments deserve to be heard.  This is not Mary Poppins here.  Guys have opinions.  They don't always get packaged in the exact way we would prefer.  I chalk that up to being human; with our own personal issues at stake.  Take the meat and throw away the bones; then move the f*** on.  No one is perfect.  We all give the best we got to give.  I doesn't need to be perfect to get over the bar.  Harmony is not the goal, IMHO.  But rather what each of us would desire if we were in similar places.
Skip

Offline Chong

« Reply #334 on: July 11, 2009, 07:32:57 pm »
Maybe it's because I didn't like that "Candy Floss" theory David started on post # 329. From post # 334 to # 338, I proved that he was partially incorrect in his theory ... yet, it still wasn't good enough for him. Then he starts another dumb conspiracy theory.

He promotes "Tell-it-like-it-is" & "Cold Hard Facts" ... but when it comes back his way ... he can't take it himself. It's too bad, I actually agreed with most of his opinions from past threads.

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #335 on: July 11, 2009, 07:53:57 pm »
Ping Pong, you da man.  But your Jedi Mind tricks only work on the weak minded. What was i saying? Master Jedi you da man.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline Chong

« Reply #336 on: July 11, 2009, 08:40:21 pm »
Sarge / Dad ... don't give me credit for anything ... I had nothing to do with it.  I'm a firm believer in "Freedom of Speech" but once someone starts writing lies ... that's going too far. At least, when I'm wrong, I'll admit it.

I don't like seeing people get ban. What's done is done, let's move on.

shaun

« Reply #337 on: July 11, 2009, 09:30:53 pm »
Quote from: 'Sylvain D' pid='7975' dateline='1247273274'

Well.
how to say?
I didn't see it like that, in fact...
Because of her english so bad...
Just remember that sentence "my parents don't agree with us, I can not and my boyfriend broke up".. ==> she was saying in fact she couldn't break up with her boyfriend, not that her boyfriend had already broken up with her...
So, maybe would she had said in that sentence : "today my mother forced me to marry that man.We go to government office to transact it", maybe would she have said "today my mother will force me?"
I say that but I'm probably wrong...
because as she wrote me, I got a message on my phone from her sister who said me that Ting's mother listened to her and so on, and that she had to go back on Monday to speak to her...
I think I'm not here to be blamed, nor to blame anyone...
because if Ting is already married, why does she want me to send her the letter, to give it to her mother, next??? I just don't understand that.. And as her sister already talks with Ting, why didn't she say it to me ?
That are 2 questions I am asking you, because in my personal case, I don't know the answers if Ting is already married...
Quote from: "Ting"
And now she feel very regretted to force me marry that man.It is just impulsion

I really don't understand anything.. why doesn't she say "I'm sorry, I have to leave you... " :huh:

Well..
I'll see, because the letter has already been posted back.
To reply to any other questions, comments and so on, in fact, I'm moving to anything else, I'm just checking, taking some time to know where I will go for sure in September. I have established a contact with 2 ladies from Shangaï, and one from Beijing. So, it's always good. but, for sure, actually, I'm not looking for the Big "L"...
I've already been outside, tonight, changing any ideas and so on...

I got another question, by the way...
Supposing Ting is married now to the other man... how long does she have to wait to "divorce" if she really wants to do it?
I apologize anyway if I'm boring most of you through my topic..

I just would like to add any other personal comment over here.
Most of you (or all of U?) already know that I'm french, so english is not my birth language (it could be in fact but it isn't)
What I am trying to say, is that, everytime, I have to translate french to english, french to chinese, chinese to english then english to french.
I can understand most of your sentences, for sure, not all of them.
The same about Ting...
So, if you already know that she's married in her last letter, I'm sorry but I didn't understand it in fact like that...
So, excuse me if sometimes I can not "understand" clearly something...
I think that however, I'm good enough to understand many things.

Sly, you should use the google translate.  I think you can go from French to Chinese and bypass English.  But to insure a translation as accurate as possible I go English to Chinese and back to English and see how the the newer English version reads.  I will make corrections on the original English and go through the process again.  Once I am satisfied with the translation I will send that Chinese version. It really cuts down on translation errors.  Google translation is mui bueno!

Offline Danny

« Reply #338 on: July 11, 2009, 09:45:39 pm »
Quote from: 'shaun' pid='8132' dateline='1247362253'

Sly, you should use the google translate.  I think you can go from French to Chinese and bypass English.  But to insure a translation as accurate as possible I go English to Chinese and back to English and see how the the newer English version reads.  I will make corrections on the original English and go through the process again.  Once I am satisfied with the translation I will send that Chinese version. It really cuts down on translation errors.  Google translation is mui bueno!

Shaun, that's good advice, and that's what I do when I have to translate something.  

But for something that's really, really important, like the letter Sylvain is going to send to her parents Google is not nearly good enough.

Machine translations generally sound woeful, like Manuel speaking English, or Basil Fawlty speaking Spanish:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8DngrgIpS0

You can work out what's being said, but it reads awful.

If ever one of the brothers here have a make or break letter, then you just have to find someone to translate it for you.

Someone here will be able to help with this, I'm sure.

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #339 on: July 11, 2009, 10:04:22 pm »
The letter has been sent, in fact.. and I really thank the One who helped me a lot on it, and spent more than 4 hours to do a nice chinese letter.
As I said, that was my last ammo...
I also sent Ting another letter because many things that I don't understand and I need the replies.. If I can not... I will then give up. Anyway, as she seems to be married, I shall consider that there's nothing more to do...
I'll be fixed on Monday.
- Let's Rock -

shaun

« Reply #340 on: July 11, 2009, 10:07:25 pm »
Quote from: 'Danny' pid='8134' dateline='1247363139'
Quote from: 'shaun' pid='8132' dateline='1247362253'

Shaun, that's good advice, and that's what I do when I have to translate something.  

But for something that's really, really important, like the letter Sylvain is going to send to her parents Google is not nearly good enough.

Machine translations generally sound woeful, like Manuel speaking English, or Basil Fawlty speaking Spanish:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8DngrgIpS0

You can work out what's being said, but it reads awful.

If ever one of the brothers here have a make or break letter, then you just have to find someone to translate it for you.

Someone here will be able to help with this, I'm sure.

Yes Danny you are right.  I was commenting about Sly's pathway to Chinese.  I'm not sure what software he uses but he goes from French to English to Chinese.  Lord knows what she is reading and what he is reading when she responds to him.  Seems like this might be the confusion.  At least with google translation he can go from French to Chinese and then he can check to see if the translation works.  For me, I will go through the process several times until I find it reading the way I want.  It is a pain and it may look manual but at least it is a little more accurate and less confusing.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 10:09:08 pm by shaun »

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #341 on: July 11, 2009, 11:16:30 pm »
Sly ( it fits ), I think you are doing the right thing here, you do as you feel you must, then if all still goes wrong at least you can say you did all you could do.
No matter what happens I hope you enjoy yourself in September in China, it's too nice a country not to have fun.
Bablefish is okay but I think Google translate is better, good luck.
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #342 on: July 12, 2009, 04:49:22 am »
Just that the story about the chinese guy which is still in my head... because she never mentionned him to me, I don't know how I can "have" a "secured relationship" because of that.. I can't live with any cheats in a relationship.. there's also another one with a webcam, Ting told me before I went to Chongqing, she didn't have one, and once I was there, I saw she got one... so, she has to tell me the reasons for those things... without it, I just won't reply her anymore... so, she has choice to do something. Or not.
It may be "small details" for some of you, but, to me, it is important.
And whatever happens, my next trip would be more significative if I move to Shangaï and Beijing :)
(a chinese man I know in Paris told me to mefy about Shangaï women:huh:)
- Let's Rock -

Offline Tiztom

« Reply #343 on: July 12, 2009, 05:29:14 am »
What was very interesting though, i have had discussions with Tom off line on email, and "....we...." did wonder if PMs were being monitored by you Mods. So we decided to try it out, and be as outrageous as we could, just to see if any comments from the set-up PMs were made public.... And now you have confirmed to me, that you are indeed monitoring them. So much for your members privacy. Perhaps you should change the title from Private Messages to Personal Messages, either way, ....Guess who won't be using the PMs anymore Chong!!!

I have no idea where this ^^^^^^came from & I am quite happy to PM all the PM's to any Mod to see this was never discussed, the thought never entered my head.

David and paranoid (Tiztom) friends, maybe you should take this paranoid tenancy further and not post at all here, we all seem to be able to read your cynical thoughts on-line for some strange reason.
It's not paranoid pin head................It's cautious & I'm really sorry you don't like me Irish Man, I was hoping to go to China and meet a real leprechaun one day....... rub your tiny little head and make a wish....oh well.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 05:33:46 am by Tiztom »

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #344 on: July 12, 2009, 06:07:50 am »
BTW, translating french to chinese is not really easy.. because french language is more complex than english...
like "a car" : in english, you know it is A car... you say "a woman", "a man".... in france, we say "une voiture" for "a car", "une femme" for "a woman", and "un homme" for "a man"... so, we have some differences because of your grammar which is like "unisex" :D and ours, which is male & female.... (anyone has seen a teddybear around? :D)
well... and as in China, it is more like in U.S/English grammar, I think you can better understand why I prefer using google translator (when I can not use anything better), with english to chinese, and see if, translation from chinese to english will sound the same...
I did an example a few weeks ago....
with that sentence :
"I love you" : I translated to chinese, and when translated back, I got "I hate you".... Nice, don't you think so?? :D

Well, thinking again about my trip, I'm just thinking to myself that Chongqing is not really for tourism, but better for business ^^
maybe that later I'd be working over there... :D (or not...)
W.H, I'm more and more thinking about Beijing...eh, maybe will i find any golden medal for the last Olympic Games, in a street, who knows..... :D:D:D
- Let's Rock -